Advantages of Using a BOAQ Architect
By engaging a BOAQ registered architect for your project, you can be confident that the architect has met the educational, experience and knowledge requirements for registration set by the BOAQ in agreement with all other Australian States and Territories.
UNDER CONSTRUCTION PLEASE RETURN SOON
IS10 Skill Sets and Competencies of a Practising Architect
The other benefits you can be sure of when engaging a registered architect are:
- Architects are required to abide by the Board of Architects of Queensland Code of Practice governing their service to clients;
- Architects must maintain professional indemnity insurance;
- Each year, architects must undertake continuing professional development relevant to the practice of architecture;
- Architects are held accountable for their conduct and may be subjected to disciplinary proceedings for unsatisfactory professional conduct; and
- Architects who breach the Architects Act 2002 may incur penalties including fines of over $100,000.
Consumers may make complaints to the Board about the professional conduct of an architect. The Board may decide to investigate any complaints made about an architect. For more information about making a complaint and the Board’s powers and procedures, see the Complaints About Architects page.