Update: 30 March 2020
During these challenging times as the global Coronavirus (COVID-29) public health emergency continues, while the health and wellbeing of our architects, the public and our staff is our number one priority, be assured that Board of Architects of Queensland (BOAQ) is committed to ensuring continued delivery of its services and responsibilities under the Architects Act 2002.
BOAQ has put in place the following measures to protect staff and visitors, while enabling continuance of our operations:
- Most of our staff are presently working remotely from home as a social distancing measure, however they are well equipped to work remotely without interruption to service delivery.
- At present, limited staff also remain in the office, on a rotational basis, to continue the BOAQ’s essential functions.
- BOAQ staff can continue to be reached via the usual mail, email, and telephone channels. Though we ask you to consider sending mail items via email where possible, rather than Australia Post, as we may not be able to access our mailbox as regularly. The best email address to us is email@example.com.
- If submitting an application for registration, please send an email scanned copy and post the original.
- However, until further notice, public access to the BOAQ’s Registry office will not be possible.
- BOAQ is using video/tele-conferencing for all meetings/project collaborations, including Board meetings, and travel for BOAQ purposes is being limited to essential travel only.
- At this stage, Session 1 Part 2 and Part 3 APE Examinations have been deferred to Session 2, later in the year. Candidates will be contacted directly about the new arrangements being made for these examinations.
- Staff are following Queensland Health’s public health requirements and guidance, and the office has put in place a range of initiatives around managing personal and workspace hygiene risks.
We do appreciate your patience and understanding should you experience a delay in us responding to your enquiry or matter, especially during the busy upcoming architect registration renewal period.
Should you not be able to reach us by telephone immediately, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will continue to follow the advice from the State and Federal Governments and Departments of Health. Should further changes to our service delivery be required, this notification will be updated.
Best wishes for you and your families and colleagues